MTU America GmbH is a manufacturer of commercial internal combustion engines founded by Wilhelm Maybach and his son Karl Maybach in 1909.
- MTU derives from Motoren- und Turbinen-Union meaning “Motor (Engine) and Turbine Union”.
- MTU remained a subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler until 2006 when it was sold off to the EQT IV private equity fund, becoming a part of the Tognum Corporation. In 2014, Tognum was renamed Rolls-Royce Power Systems, having become a 100 per cent subsidiary of Rolls-Royce Holdings.
Analysis of full logistics system for production supply.
- Three SAP EWM Rollouts ( USA, Singapore, and Brazil)
- The SAP EWM implementation was focused on the Automotive processes with a Integration ERP landscape.
- The ASAP Roadmap was used as the project methodology.
- The goal of the project was to increase storage capacity for spare parts and mass-produced components which required a redesign of the warehouse processes for the facility.