Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC), located in Athens, is Europe’s largest bottling facility for products of the Coca-Cola Company.
- The scope of services provided by CCHBC covers production, filling and distribution of more than 600 items.
- Active in 28 countries, the company supplies over 550 million customers with non-alcoholic drinks and generated revenue of € 5.6 billion in 2006.
Coca Cola Beverages Austria is the Austrian office, whose HQ in Vienna is also home to the main production site. 40,000 trade and catering customers, as well as 24,000 refrigerated vending machines throughout the country are supplied via an elaborate distribution network.
- Limited expansion options at the Vienna location, company growth forecasts and high distribution costs meant a new logistics strategy was needed.
- Coca Cola was interested in investigating the entire distribution network, as well as the warehouse and production sites for optimization potential and future sustainability.
- The main goals here were to significantly increase efficiency, while clearly reducing logistics costs.