Founded in 1848, Pfizer is the world’s largest research pharmaceutical manufacturers, working in human pharmaceuticals and animal health sectors.
- With 87,000 employees in more than 80 countries, the company generates an annual turnover of almost 50 billion US dollars.
- Each year, Pfizer Manufacturing Deutschland GmbH at Illertissen produces more than 80 million packs of solid and liquid human pharmaceuticals.
- One of its core competences is processing highly active substances.
- The smoking cessation agent Chantix® is also produced here.
By building the new production plant, Pfizer is also contributing to securing the company’s economic future.
- Maximum quality and supreme efficiency are required.
- Pfizer wanted to implement a new solids production facility for processing highly potent pharmaceuticals at the Illertissen site.
- The company was looking for a partner to lead them through conceptual design, structuring of processes, equipment specification, architectural planning, structural analysis and MEP, IT and automation strategies, construction supervision, project management, start-up management and qualification.