Robert Bosch GmbH, or Bosch, is a leading multinational engineering and electronics company headquartered in Gerlingen, near Stuttgart, Germany.
- Having established a regional presence in 1906 in North America, the Bosch Group employs 35,000 associates in more than 100 locations, as of December 31, 2018.
- Within the Bosch Automotive Technology business sector, Automotive Aftermarket manages the supply, logistics, and sales of automotive spare parts and Bosch products for retrofitting.
Re-design of existing Spare Parts Distribution Center
- Bosch‘s Automotive Aftermarket distribution center reached its limits with respect to through-put and area utilization.
- Bosch was not able to expand the facility due to terrain restrictions.
- New products in Bosch’s portfolio were not easily incorporated into existing storage and picking processes.
- Bosch’s existing storage and conveyor systems were reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Bosch needed to upgrade the facility without compromising customer order fulfillment.