Data Protection Declaration
We are aware, that the careful handling of your personal information is important to you. Therefore, io-consultants L.P., and its parent company io-consultants GmbH & Go. KG (collectively, “io-consultants”) handles all data and information with care.
The responsible contact for the United States website is:
3001 Emrick Blvd, Suite 202
Bethlehem, PA 18020, United States of America
Version 1.01, 22 September, 2017
We may revise this Data Protection Declaration without prior notice, and your continued use of this website after the effective date of such revisions (noted at the position above) constitutes your agreement, and consent, to be bound by such revisions.
Gathering and usage of personal information
Information obtained from you may help us customize and continuously improve our communication and interaction with you. We leverage this information when processing inquiries, orders and providing services, as well as processing payments. We use your information in particular to communicate with you in regards to our products, services, and orders, as well as to update our records and to maintain and care for your customer accounts. Also to reproduce contents for our communication platforms and to prevent or detect any fraudulent use.
We collect the following information
- Information provided by you: We collect and save all the information you enter in our website, or which you transmit to us by any other means.
- Communication by email: To allow for a more useful configuration of your emails we often receive a confirmation about which emails from io-consultants you open, provided your computer supports this function. If you do not wish to receive any emails from us, you may contact us as set forth above to indicate that you would like to be removed from our mailing lists and we will comply with your request in a prompt manner. In addition, every email from us gives you this option.
- Information from other sources: On occasion we also use information about you from other sources and add these to our information about your customers account.
Does io-consultants pass this information on?
Information about our clients is important to us and helps us to optimize our services. Information we obtain is passed on to third parties only to the extent described here:
- Associated companies: Companies directly associated with io-consultants such as its corporate affiliates, if they are either subject to this Data Protection Declaration or comply with guidelines providing at least as much protection as this Data Protection Declaration.
- Business partners: We work closely with our business partners. In some cases our business partners provide services to you and therefore we do need to share some data specifically for purpose of enabling such business partners to provide services to you.
- Service provider: We subcontract other companies and individuals to perform tasks on our behalf. Examples are mailing letters or sending emails, maintaining customer lists, analyzing our databanks, promotional activities, , as well as customer service. These service providers have access to the information they require to execute their tasks. However, they may not use it for any other purposes. Furthermore, they are required to handle the information pursuant to the Data Protection Declaration.
- Sale of Company or Business: Since we are constantly developing our business, there is a possibility that we or companies associated with us such as subsidiaries may sell or buy company shares, company business, or portions thereof. In such transactions customer information is usually transferred along with the companies, businesses (or portions thereof) to be transferred. However, the data will still be subject to the previously governing Data Protection Declarations (an exception to this case is of course a situation, when a customer expressly agrees to other privacy statements, declarations or regulations). In the equally unlikely case, that io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG is sold as a whole or essential parts of it, personal data will be transferred to the purchaser.
- Protection of io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG and third parties: Customer data is passed on by us when we are required to do so by law, or when such a transfer is necessary to enforce agreements or to protect our rights as well as the rights of our customers and those of third parties. This includes the exchange of data with companies specializing in the prevention and minimization of fraudulent use. Express clarification is made, that in this context no transfer of data to these companies takes place for economic use, nor does it take place in a manner which might be in conflict with this Data Protection Declaration.
How safe is the information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safety measures in conjunction with gathering, storing, and the disclosure of personal information about our customers. As part of these safety measures we will ask you on occasion to provide proof of your identity, before we disclose personal information to you.
How can I correct/update my information?
If you would like to: access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, or otherwise have a concern or any questions about this privacy declaration, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us as set forth above.
Information you provide to us
You provide us with information, when you perform a search, fill out a survey, or communicate with our customer service. You provide us with information for example when you are looking for a service, place an order, communicate with us over the telephone, email, or by any other means, when opening a customer account, or when you are providing personal information for service bids (e.g. newsletter, the notification services, and the update of your communication settings with io-consultants).
Examples of the information we gather and analyze include the IP-address connecting your computer with the internet, confirmation of emails received and read, information about the computer and connections to the internet, such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform, your navigation history, which we may reproduce in a not personally identifiable form in features, as well as the complete Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstreams to, through and from our website. These means that the sequence of the page of our website that you visit including date and time, contents ID of the pages that you have viewed and searched for.
Google Analytics Privacy Notice
As an alternative to the browser Addon or within browsers on mobile devices, you can click this link in order to opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this website in the future (the opt-out applies only for the browser in which you set it and within this domain). An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device, which means that you’ll have to click this link again, if you delete your cookies.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. When you turn on DNT, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they not track you. Because of a lack of consensus with implementation of DNT, as well as inconsistency in default settings for DNT amongst different browsers, DNT does not frequently reflect the actual preferences of users. Accordingly, at this time, our information collection practices will continue to apply as described in this Data Protection Declaration, regardless of any DNT signals that are sent by certain browsers or selected by you. For more information about DNT, please visit AllAboutDNT.org.
This website may provide hyperlinks to other sites not owned or controlled by io-consultants (“Outside Sites”). Any such Outside Site so linked have not necessarily been reviewed by us and are maintained by third parties over which we exercise no control. We expressly disclaim any responsibility for the i) content or accuracy of information contained on such linked sites; ii) quality of any product or service provided by or advertised by any linked site, and iii) the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We neither endorse nor make any representation regarding any linked site and we advise you to check the privacy policies of such other sites.
If I have a question – who do I contact?
If you have any questions in regards to data protection at io-consultants, please contact us and we will clarify any concerns you might have. We reserve the right to regularly sent out messages about the guidelines in effect at our company. Nonetheless, you should visit our website on a regular basis and inform yourself about any changes. Unless otherwise regulated, the use of all information we maintain about you is subject to the Data Protection Declaration.